To Specialist, Recapping a Conversation About Complex Case
City, State ZIP
(or preferably print on letterhead)
City, State Zip
re: patient John Doe
Dear Dr. Ortho:
Thank you for discussing John’s case with me yesterday. To recap our conversation:
- We decided to leave primary tooth #H in place. It has a long, healthy root and good bone support. I will modify it as needed cosmetically. If it is removed, John will be committed to either an implant or a bridge. If possible, please avoid bracketing #H; orthodontic forces on this tooth would increase the risk of root resorption.
- Impacted malformed #11 will be left in place, and monitored periodically with radiographs. If #H needs to be removed, then #11 can be removed at that time also.
- Impacted #29 will need to be removed; there is little chance of it being brought into normal position. We will leave the timing up to John’s parents, but I will recommend not delaying, as the tooth is very close to the mandibular canal, and continued root formation could increase the risk of nerve damage from the surgical procedure.
- I will give the parents an Oral Surgeon referral for removal of B, I, and 29.
- I removed the orthodontic band on #3 to place her filling.
Copy: Mr & Mrs Parents